So Hi, I’m Amber and this is my blog, Stepping Into Adulthood. The title of the blog is pretty self explanatory. Basically I have recently turned 20 and thought that keeping even a slight journal of sorts of my life as I leave being a teenager behind me and try to find my way in the big world.
I thought a good way to start off my blog would be to give 5 random facts about myself to introduce myself so here goes:
- How I got my name’s quite an interesting(ish) story, on the list of names there was Grace, Erin and Amber. However the lady who had her baby before mum had me called her daughter Grace so mum felt it would be weird if she’d called me it. It was still a toss up between Amber and Grace however when I was born I had a shock of ginger hair the colour of amber and there you have it. The irony is that all my hair fell out a couple of weeks later and grew back white blonde.
- I’ve grown up going to Folk Festivals and Steam Rallies. My parents sing and perform folk music and so we would regularly go to Folk Festivals that weren’t too far away from my home and I remember singing at the from a young age. We’ve been going to Steam Rallies for as long as I can remember, we go with the miniature traction engines that my father and grandfather own and I’ve spent many weekends getting burns and getting covered in coal and oil having a great time with a load of mates.
- I’m a complete and utter Potterhead. I didn’t properly read the series until I was about 13 but I read them in about a week and a half (which when you’re dyslexic is quite impressive) and then I read them again, and again, and so on. So far I think I’ve read the books about 15 times and I’m due another read. I know the films word for word and can now say I’ve been to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Leavesden and I was speechless the entire way around, my next stop is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Universal.
- Books are a very important staple for me. I probably spend more money on books than I do on clothes. I have a list as long as my arm of books that are on my to-read list as well as many that I have already read that I want to read again. If I really enjoy a book I will generally read it again as I usually pick up on a lot I missed the first time. I also can’t read more than one book at a time and I’ve never been able to understand people that can.
- I have never seen Star Wars. I have always had the intention of watching the series however I’ve always missed it when it’s been on TV. My dad’s more into war or history films and so hasn’t got it on DVD and so it’s sort of slipped out of my radar. Many people have told me I have to watch them and have said they’ll watch the with me but still it’s something I’ve never gotten around to. It is however on my to-do-one-day list.
So there are my five random facts to introduce you to the world of Amber. I hope you enjoy my blog and please talk to me and let me know what you think.